It is by working together that we will be able to promote a positive atmosphere within which our children can flourish. We ask you to read and sign the following agreement reflecting this partnership.
As a family we will try to:
· Make sure our child attends school every day.
· Make sure our child arrives on time, properly equipped for school.
· Inform the school on the first day of any absence.
· Make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect our child’s work or behaviour.
· Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour.
· Support our child in any work sent home and other home learning opportunities.
· Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about our child’s progress.
· Get to know about our child’s life at school.
The staff at Bridekirk Dovenby will ensure that:
· We care for your child’s safety and happiness.
· Encourage children to believe in themselves, feel valued, and achieve their full potential.
· We provide a balanced, stimulating, and well-taught curriculum to meet the individual needs of your child.
· We achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility within a Christian ethos.
· We will keep you informed about general school matters and your child’s progress in particular.
· We will be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the general life of the school.
· Contact parents at an early stage should any problems arise.
Together we will try to:
· Share any concerns or problems that might affect the child’s work or behaviour.
· Support the child’s educational and social development.
· Prepare the child to be a confident and happy member of society.
As a pupil of Bridekirk Dovenby I will:
· Come to school every day, and be on time with all my equipment e.g. P.E. kit.
· Do my best both in class and in my homework.
· Be well behaved and sensible.
· Be polite and helpful to others, respecting all other members of our school community and their property.
· Follow our Golden Rules:
We are gentle;
We are kind and helpful
We are honest
We work hard
We look after our property
· Share and talk about any problems I have and ask for help when I need it.
· Wear school uniform, taking pride in my appearance, and remembering that I represent my school at all times.
· Take care of school equipment, our building and the school surroundings.
· Pass on information to my parents.