ELG Understanding the World
Our children will learn history through the following pathways
* Children can talk about special times, celebrations, birthdays they remember within their lifetime.
* Children begin to recognise that we celebrate certain events such as bonfire night, because of what happened many years ago.
* Children will comment on familiar situations in the past.
* Children can talk about how they have changed from being a baby.
* Children will talk about how adults and children are different.
* Children can sort objects /images into old and new and begin to use vocabulary linked to this.
* Children will compare and contrast characters from stories, including figures from the past.